- This event has passed.
Health Data Research Hubs Virtual Seminar Series – DATA-CAN
25 May 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
HDR UK is delighted to be hosting a series of seminars providing an in-depth introduction to the Health Data Research Hubs.
Since launching in October 2019, seven Health Data Research Hubs have demonstrated that their uniquely collaborative, cross-sector and fast-paced method of working delivers results that make a difference to patients’ lives. Led by HDR UK, in the past year the Hubs have also pivoted to support the UK’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, enabling research in areas such as infection rates, vaccine rollout, and understanding the impact of COVID-19 on specific disease areas.
DATA-CAN is the UK’s health data research hub for cancer and its mission is to unlock the power of health data to improve cancer care.
Utilising real-life examples and case studies, this virtual showcase event will provide attendees with an understanding of DATA-CAN’s work with partners in industry, the NHS and academia and opportunities to get involved. It will also focus on the many ways that the involvement of patients, carers and the public has made a genuine difference to the workings of the hub and its partners.
The DATA-CAN virtual showcase is aimed at those interested in cancer data working in industry, the NHS and academia, as well as patients and the public that would like to learn more about how health data can make a difference to cancer care and services.
- Chair: Pete Wheatstone – Chair of the DATA-CAN Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement Group
- Dr Charlie Davie, Hub Director
- Chris Carrigan, Hub COO and PPIE lead
- Monica Jones, Hub Chief Data Officer
- Prof Mark Lawler, Hub Scientific Lead
- Plus patient representatives and industry partners.
For more information and to register to join any of the sessions, click the name of the Hubs below:
- DATA-CAN – The Health Data Research Hub for Cancer | 25th May, 12:00 – 13:30
- Discover-NOW – The Health Data Research Hub for Real World Evidence | 26 May 2021, 12:00 – 13:30
- BREATHE – The Health Data Research Hub for Respiratory Health | 1 June 2021, 14:30 – 16:00
- INSIGHT – The Health Data Research Hub for Eye Health | 7 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:30
- PIONEER: The Health Data Research Hub for Acute Care | 9 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:30
- Gut Reaction: The Health Data Research Hub for Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 10 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:30