- This event has passed.
Health Data Research Hubs Virtual Seminar Series: INSIGHT
June 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
HDR UK is delighted to be hosting a series of seminars providing an in-depth introduction to the Health Data Research Hubs.
Since launching in October 2019, seven Health Data Research Hubs have demonstrated that their uniquely collaborative, cross-sector and fast-paced method of working delivers results that make a difference to patients’ lives. Led by HDR UK, in the past year the Hubs have also pivoted to support the UK’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, enabling research in areas such as infection rates, vaccine rollout, and understanding the impact of COVID-19 on specific disease areas.
INSIGHT are focused on eye health and wider health issues connected to the eye, including diabetes and dementia. We will make anonymised, large-scale data, initially from Moorfields Eye Hospital and University Hospitals Birmingham, available for patient-focussed research. The data includes various types of eye imaging and associated patient health records. Using advanced analytics, such as artificial intelligence (AI), INSIGHT will allow researchers to develop new insights in disease detection, diagnosis, treatments and personalised healthcare.
This meeting will cover:
- Overview of the work of the Hub
- Lightning case studies providing examples of the exciting work the Hub has achieved so far
- How has patient involvement made a difference to the workings of the Hub?
- Q&A with speakers
- Alastair Denniston, Hub Director
- Data Poverty – Saad Khan, Hub researcher
- Wen Hwa Lee, Action Against AMD (hub partner)
- Daniela Ferrara, Roche (hub partner)
- Helen Baker, Hub PPIE Lead
- Manjit Benning, Hub COO
For more information and to register to join any of the sessions, click the name of the Hubs below:
- DATA-CAN – The Health Data Research Hub for Cancer | 25th May, 12:00 – 13:30
- Discover-NOW – The Health Data Research Hub for Real World Evidence | 26 May 2021, 12:00 – 13:30
- BREATHE – The Health Data Research Hub for Respiratory Health | 1 June 2021, 14:30 – 16:00
- INSIGHT – The Health Data Research Hub for Eye Health | 7 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:30
- PIONEER: The Health Data Research Hub for Acute Care | 9 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:30
- Gut Reaction: The Health Data Research Hub for Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 10 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:30